We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
These placemats and silverware holders make the perfect Thanksgiving table decor. Knit these adorable Autumn Leave Placemats ensure that your dinner table looks as good as your Thanksgiving meal. If you're more of a knitter than a cooker, contribute to your family's Thanksgiving celebration with these fabulous table decorations.
Embrace the rich colors of fall with these gorgeous placemats and festive autumn leaves. Display your cutlery with style by placing it with these fun autumn knits. Your family will admire these handmade decorations while they're waiting on the turkey.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge26 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pattern
Finished SizeApprox 18 x 13 ins [45.5 x 33 cm], Set of 4 Placemats
- Lily® Sugar ’n Cream (Solids: 70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds) Main Color (MC) (00015 Wine) 9 balls
- Lily® Sugar ’n Cream (Ombres: 56.7 g/2 oz; 86 m/95 yds) Contrast A (02013 Terra Firma) 1 ball
Placemat (make 4)
With MC, cast on 85 sts. Knit 4 rows (garter st), noting first row is WS.
Inc row: *K1. M1. K2. M1. K2. Rep from * to end of row. 119 sts.
Next row: (RS). K2. *Insert needle from back to front between next 2 sts on left-hand needle. Knit second st, then knit first st slipping both sts off needle at same time. Rep from * to last st. K1.
Next row: P2. *Skip first st on the left-hand needle and purl second st, then purl first st slipping both sts off needle at same time. Rep from * to last st. P1. Rep last 2 rows for Pat. Cont in pat until work from beg measures 12¼ ins [31 cm] ending with a RS row.
Dec row: (WS). *K1. K2tog. K1. K2tog. K1. Rep from * to end of row. 85 sts. Knit 3 rows (garter st). Cast off knitwise (WS).
Pocket (make 4)
With A and pair of double-pointed needles, cast on 5 sts.
Next row: K5. Slide sts to opposite end of needle. Do not turn. Rep last row 6 times more. Change to straight needles if desired.
Next row: Purl. Proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). K2. yo. K1. yo. K2. 7 sts.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: K3. yo. K1. yo. K3. 9 sts.
5th row: K4. yo. K1. yo. K4. 11 sts.
7th row: K5. yo. K1. yo. K5. 13 sts.
9th row: (ssk) twice. K2. yo. K1. yo. K2. (K2tog) twice. 11 sts.
11th row: (ssk) twice. (K1. yo) twice. K1. (K2tog) twice. 9 sts.
13th row: K1. M1. K3. yo. K1. yo. K3. M1. K1. 13 sts.
15th row: K1. M1. K5. yo. K1. yo. K5. M1. K1. 17 sts.
17th row: K1. M1. K7. yo. K1. yo. K7. M1. K1. 21 sts.
19th row: ssk. K8. yo. K1. yo. K8. K2tog. 21 sts.
21st row: (ssk) twice. K13. (K2tog) twice. 17 sts.
23rd row: (ssk) twice. K9. (K2tog) twice. 13 sts.
25th row: (ssk) twice. K5. (K2tog) twice. 9 sts.
27th row: K1. M1. K7. M1. K1. 11 sts.
29th row: K1. M1. K9. M1. K1. 13 sts.
31st row: (ssk) twice. K5. (K2tog) twice. 9 sts.
33rd row: ssk. K5. K2tog. 7 sts.
35th row: ssk. Sl1. K2tog. psso. K2tog. 3 sts.
36th row: Sl1. K2tog. psso. Break yarn. Thread tail through rem st and fasten securely.
Finishing: Sew Pocket to RS of Placemat as seen in picture.
- knit next 2 stitches together
- make 1 stitch by picking up horizontal loop lying before next stitch and knitting into back of loop
- pass slipped stitch over
- right side
- Slip next stitch knitwise
- yarn over the needle (makes 1 extra stitch)
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
20 Patterns for Thanksgiving Table Decor
17 Thanksgiving Kitchen Knits
Horn of Plenty Fruit Cozies
Autumn Leaves Knit Placemat Pattern
Festive Owl Dishcloth
Fall Feast Wine Cozy
119 Thanksgiving Craft Ideas + Free Knitting Patterns for Fall!
Thankful Thursday Wine Cozy
Falling Leaves Afghan
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cotton Fine Yarn
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- Heartfelt Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Brick and Mortar Baby Blanket
- Christmas Slip Stitch Table Runner
- Easy Baby Tunic Knitting Pattern
- Philadelphus Shawl Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You