Pumpkin Napkin Rings
Impress everyone at your dinner table with this Thanksgiving table decor. These Pumpkin Napkin Rings are the perfect way to add style to your holiday meal. Garnish your napkins and silverware with these adorable napkin rings. Thanksgiving is all about the dinner table. Make sure you have some dining accessories to accent your delicious pumpkin pie. Use these napkin rings for all of your autumn dinner parties. These perfect pumpkins are great for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Your family won't believe you knitted these plump pumpkins yourself!
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds)
- Main Color (MC) Hot Orange (01628) 1 ball (7 m/8 yds)
- Contrast A Warm Brown (01130) 1 ball (2 m/2.5 yds)
- Contrast B Sage Green (00084) 1 ball (5 m/6 yds)
- Size 4 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 21 sts and 27 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Measurement: Approx 3½" [9 cm] diameter, Note: 1 ball of each color will make approx 15 napkin rings.
- Approx = approximately
- Inc = Increase(ing)
- K = knit
- k2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together.
- P = purl
- rem = remain(ing)
- rep = repeat
- ssk = Slip next 2 stitches knitwise one at a time. Pass them back onto left-hand needle, then knit through back loops together.
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- tog = together
- WS = wrong side
- yo = yarn over the needle (makes 1 extra stitch)
With MC, cast on 4 sts.
1st row: (WS). Inc1 in each st to end of row. 8 sts.
2nd row: Knit.
3rd row: Inc1 in each st to last st. K1. 15 sts.
4th row: Knit.
5th row: (K3. P1) 3 times. K3.
6th to 19th rows: Rep last 2 rows 7 times more.
20th row: (ssk. K2tog) 3 times. ssk. K1. 8 sts rem.
21st row: K2. (P1. K1) 3 times. Break MC.
22nd row: With A, ssk. K4. K2tog. 6 sts rem.
23rd row: Knit.
24th row: ssk. K2. K2tog. 4 sts rem.
25th to 27th rows: Knit.
28th row: (K2tog) twice. 2 sts rem.
29th and 30th rows: Knit.
31st row: K2tog. Fasten off.
Ring: With B, cast on 27 sts.
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: Knit.
3rd row: K1. *yo. K2tog. Rep from * to end of row.
4th and 5th rows: Knit. Cast off purlwise (WS). Sew side edges tog. Sew Pumpkin over Ring seam.
Read NextFalling Leaves Afghan