We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Drew Emborsky Decades Yarn
Gifted by Drew Emborsky
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
I’ve long thought that knitters and crocheters are the best people to make yarn. Instead of coming at yarn from an outside perspective, someone who has actually worked with yarn knows exactly what crafters want from a yarn. Drew Emborsky started off as a crochet designer, but has recently expanded into the yarn making business. I was to take a close look at his some of his decades yarn to get a better idea of what exactly his yarns are like.
Emborsky starts his yarn off right, with extra fine super wash merino. The 100% wool yarn is delightful to feel and knit with. It creates a smooth swatch with well-defined stitches. The stitches have a strong twist, ensuring that you won’t be finding a halo of fuzz around your project. The yarn is hand dyed for a subtle variegation that makes for a visually interesting look. The slight shifts of color within the yarn knit up to provide a nice color texture without distracting from the overall color palette.
You can tell that Emborsky has designed these yarns with the eye of an experienced crafter. The decades yarn line has a delightful loft that makes knitting or crocheting with it a dream. The excellent stitch definition makes this yarn great for color work or patterns that call for detailed stitch patterns or cables. Decades is a solid yarn that knitters and crocheters are sure to enjoy. What’s not to love about a high quality yarn that you can throw into the washing machine at the end of the day?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
We know what you're thinking: how could such an easy knit scarf pattern look so elegant? That's because with simplicity, you get to… Continue reading: "Charismatic Knit Scarf Pattern"
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Win Mango Moon Mulberry Meadow Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Anzula Hand Dyed Dreamy Yarn
- Enter to win Crazy Sexy Wool Yarn!
- Pearls Knitting Needles
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn
- Eclair Yarn
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You