We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Shake up your normal knitting routine with the Romantic Ruffled Tunic. This darling knit tunic pattern is the perfect year-round wardrobe enhancer. Layer it with a long-sleeved tee as shown in the picture or style it by itself for a flirty warm weather dress. The Romantic Ruffled Tunic is a truly unique piece that will turn heads and drop jaws, so pick up your needles and get knitting!
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Everyday Soft Worsted Solids (100% anto-pilling acryllic; 113 g/203 yds)
- 100-12 Black (MC) - 3 (3,4,4,5,6) skeins (MC)
- Premier Yarns Starbella (100% acrylic; 100g/33yds)
- 15-11 Magic Potion (CC) - 2 (3,3,4,4,5) skeins
- Needles: US Size 8 (5 mm) circular knitting needle, set of dpns or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Notions: stitch marker, tapestry needle, stitch holders
Extra Small (Small, Med, Large, 1x, 2x)
Gauge: 18 sts x 24 rows = 4" in St st
Save time, check your gauge.
Bust: 28 (32, 36, 40, 44, 48)"
Total Length: 25 (26, 27, 28, 29, 29¾)"
Note: Cut CC at the end of each CC rnd. Ends can be sewn down later for a neater appearance if desired, or they can hang freely.
Pull out a length of CC from skein. With MC and circ ndl, pick up and knit 126 (144, 162,
180, 198, 216) sts as follows: insert ndl into ruffle yarn (CC) at top edge and pull through
a st, insert ndl into space in ruffle yarn 2 spots to the left of previous picked up st; continue
picking up all sts in this manner; place marker (pm) and join to work in the rnd. Cut CC.
With MC, knit 11 rnds. Turn. Working from the WS, attach CC and knit 1 rnd. Turn. Rep these 12 rnds for ruffle sequence until Body measures 18 (18½, 19, 19½, 20, 20½)”.
Separate Back and Front
End Ruffles and work with MC only for remainder of Tunic.
Work to 4 (5, 7, 8, 9, 10) sts bef end of rnd, bind off next 8 (10, 14, 16, 18, 20) sts, k55
(62, 67, 74, 81, 88), place these sts on holder for front, bind off next 8 (10, 14, 16, 18, 20)
sts, knit to end – 55 (62, 67, 74, 81, 88) sts rem for back. Remainder of tunic is knit back
and forth. Purl a WS row.
Dec row (RS): K1, k2tog, knit to last 3 sts, ssk, k1 – 2 sts dec’d. Next row (WS): Purl.
Rep these 2 rows, 0 (1, 3, 4, 5, 6) more times – 53 (58, 59, 64, 69, 74) sts rem. At the
same time when work measures 2 (2½, 3, 3½, 4, 4¼)” from separation of Front and Back,
Separate Shoulder Straps, Shape Front Neck
Mark center 11 (12, 13, 14, 15, 16) sts. Continuing to shape armholes if necessary, work to marked center sts, bind off 11 (12, 13, 14, 15, 16), work to end. Right front only: Next Row (WS): Purl. Neck dec row: K1, k2tog, work to end – 1 st dec’d at neck edge. Next row: Purl. Rep these 2 rows, 9 more times. When all neck and armhole shaping is complete, 11 (13, 13, 15, 17, 19) sts rem. Work even in St st until strap measures 7 (7½, 8, 8½, 9, 9¼)”. Bind off all sts.
Attach yarn, purl a WS row.
Complete as for Back.
Sew shoulder seams.
Armhole edging: With dpn and MC, beg at center of underarm, pick up and knit 64 (68, 72, 76, 80, 84) sts evenly around armhole, pm and join. Next rnd: Purl. Bind off all sts kwise.
Neck edging: With circ ndl and MC, beg at right shoulder seam, pick up and knit 148 (160, 170, 182, 192, 198) sts evenly around neck opening. Next rnd: Purl. Bind off all sts kwise.
Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
The Beginner Snood Knit Pattern might be one of the most versatile pieces you ever make. This free knit snood pattern is essentially a… Continue reading: "Beginner Snood Knit Patternvideocam"
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Business Card Case
Umbrella Knitting Needle Case
Elegant Empire Waist Knit Dress Pattern
Top 20 Knitting Blogs of 2018
Spool Knitted Flower
23 Free Knitted Dress Patterns
Vintage Margarita Dress
20 Patterns for Stockinette Stitch Knitting
Romantic Ruffled Tunic
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Free Knitting Pattern for Baby Dress
- Wrap - Top Pattern
- Coral Bubbly Waves Shawlette
- Block Sweater
- Chair Socks
- Womens Knit Tank Top Pattern
- Lacy Headband
- 10 Advanced Knitting Patterns
- Knit Market Tote
- Cornflower Knit Cardigan Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You