- see all comments
"Hi, I can't find the knitting pattern for this book, can I have it please?"
"With the page open, right click on your mouse, this will open a new window, in the new window scroll down to and click on print. That will take you to print review, in print preview change "all" to just the pages that the pattern is on and click print. Using the cut and copy feature to paste the document into another program for printing is actually a violation of international copyright laws, but printing directly from the page is permitted. Hope this helps someone. Happy knitting!"
"This is not a free pattern, so not sure why it is still featured on an "all free knitting" website."
Fur Lined Knit Vest
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Layer up with the Fur Lined Knit Vest. This trendy knit vest pattern is the perfect way to keep warm and cozy on the go. This furry knit vest is both a stylish and practical wardrobe enhancer. Perfect for pairing with a basic long-sleeved t-shirt and pair of jeans, this fashionable piece is sure to become a cold weather staple. The Fur Lined Knit Vest is a great way to add a little texture to your outfit, as well.
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Premier Yarns Lash Lux (100% polyester; 50g / 33 yds)
- 7 Rex Rabbit – 8 (9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16) balls (A)
- Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Everyday Soft Worsted (100% anti-pilling acrylic; 113g / 203 yds)
- ED100-35 Cappuccino – 1 (2, 2, 2, 2, 3,3) balls (B)
- Needle: US Size 9 (5.5 mm) 29” circular needles or size to obtain gauge
- Notions: 18 (19, 20, 20¾, 21, 21½, 22½)” zipper, sewing needle and matching thread, stitch holders, yarn needle
14 sts x 18 rows = 4” in St st & B
Save time - check your gauge
Bust: 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56)”
Hat: 20 (21, 22, 22¾, 23 ½, 24, 25)”
Lower Body Stripe Sequence
* 8 rows in A in rev St st, 4 rows in B in St st; rep from *
Upper Body Stripe Sequence
* 4 rows in B in St st, 4 rows in A in rev St st; rep from *
With B, cast on 112 (126, 140, 154, 168, 182, 196) sts. Knit 1 WS row. Work even in Garter st for 3 more rows. Next row (RS): With A, purl. Work even in A & rev St st for 7 rows. Next row (RS): With B, knit. Work even in B and St st for 3 rows. Cont in Lower Body Stripe Sequence as set until piece measures 13 (14, 14½, 14¾, 15, 15, 15½)”, ending after 8 rows of rev St st in A.
Divide for Armholes
Next row (RS): With B, k24 (26, 29, 32, 34, 36, 39) Right Front sts, bind off 8 (10, 12, 14,16, 18, 20), k48 (54, 58, 64, 68, 74, 78) Back sts, bind off 8 (10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20), k24 (26, 29, 32, 34, 36, 39) Left Front sts. Sl sts for Left Front and Right Front to holders.
With WS facing, join yarn B. Beg with second row of Upper Body Stripe Sequence, work even until armhole measures 7 (7, 7½, 8, 8½, 9, 9½)”, ending after a WS row. Bind off all sts for Back.
With WS facing, sl sts to ndl. Join B and cont in Upper Body Stripe Sequence until armhole measures 5 (5, 5½, 6, 6, 6½, 7)”, ending after a RS row.
Shape Left Front Neck
Next row (WS): Bind off 7 (6, 8, 9, 9, 9, 11) sts and work in patt to end. Dec row (RS): Knit to last 3 sts, end k2tog, k1 – 2 sts dec’d. Work 1 WS row. Rep these 2 rows, 4 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5) more times – 12 (15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22) sts rem. Work even in patt until armhole measures 7 (7, 7½, 8, 8½, 9, 9½)”, ending after a WS row. Bind off rem sts.
Work as for Left Front, rev all shaping.
Sew shoulder seams.
With RS facing and B, pick up and knit 48 (50, 52, 56, 60, 62, 68) sts. Work even in St st for 3 rows. Next row (RS): With A, purl. Work even in rev St st for 3 rows. Rep these 8 rows, once. Next row (RS): With B, knit. Work even in Garter st for 3 rows. Bind off all sts loosely.
With RS facing and B, pick up and knit 48 (48, 50, 54, 58, 60, 64) sts and turn. Purl 1 WS row. Work even in St st for 3 more rows. Bind off all sts loosely. Sew underarm seam. Weave in all ends. Sew in zipper.
Read NextEasy V-Neck Vest
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Colorful Chevron Bag
Add an explosion of color to your weekend errands with the Colorful Chevron Bag. Learn how to knit a bag that is not only practical… Continue reading: "Colorful Chevron Bag"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Waffle Stitch Pattern
- Stylish Cardigan With Colorful Stripes
- Unisex Winter Hat
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You