The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
The Easiest Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Every knitter needs a project so easy they can knit it in front of the TV and not worry about making a mistake. This is that project. I set out to see how big a garter stitch shawl one of those Caron Cakes would make (it’s just under 400 yards). Using ALL of the yarn and size 9 needles, it came out to be 50″ across tip to tip, and 20″ top to bottom. The worsted weight yarn worked great with the size 9 needles, giving it drape and not stiff, but not too open either. You can use any size yarn you like, just make sure to use needles appropriate to the yarn. This makes a great stash buster project if you switch colors every few rows!"
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Approximately 400 yards worsted weight yarn
- Size 9 needles (24" or larger circulars)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- Cabinesque Coaster
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You