The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Milvus Milvus is the Latin name for magnificently graceful Red Kite, a bird of prey with steeply angled wings and deeply forked tail, that soars across the skies of my home. It inspired the choice of shape for this cool kite- shaped shawl - an exciting and fun project that is easy enough for even a real beginner knitter. What makes this shawl unique is the technique of making your own yarn by combining short lengths of other yarn into a knotted ball. Knots can be left showing to give texture to the fabric, or sewn, or knitted in."
NotesThe sample used approx. 1450 yds 1326m. NOTIONS Tapestry needle, stitch markers (1 locking, 2 removable). SIZES Approx. 54” 137cm spine depth and 80” 203cm along wide end edge. Easily resized either by knitting for longer or using heavier yarns.
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- Wonderland Yarns So Fond of Rainbows Mini-skein pack, Mad Hatter sport (100% Merino superwash, 20 86yd 79m/1oz mini-skeins, 1720 yds 1573m/20oz total): Bright Flower-beds Collection, 1 set.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Trellis Stitch Square With Heart Insert
- Tubular Bind Off Tutorial
- Tostata Triangle Scarf
- Simple Knit Wrap Bracelet
- Bianca Bookmark
- Beaded Bracelet Knitting Pattern
- Ribbed Bubble Hat
- Walkiria Kimono
- Stockinette Stitch Swatch
- Garter Stitch Swatch
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You