This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Go Your Own Way Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
" No matter how I try, I can’t help myself. Each time I see a new colorway in a self-striping fingering weight yarn I find I have to buy it. But how many pairs of striped socks does one knitter need? This unique shawl pulls the stripes from some self-striping sock yarn in new directions, letting the colors go their own way, with a single stockinette stitch that winds around the wings and then blends in a neutral to really make those colors pop! -Starting with a Mitered Diamond, wings are added to either side of the piece then the Center Body is knit from the outside in. -Gauge, while not critical, will affect final dimensions and yarn usage. "
Knitting Needle Size2 or 2.75 mm
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- Lion Branch Sock Ease Solids
- Lion Brand Mani Pedi
- Removable Stitch Marker
- Large Eyed Tapestry Needle for weaving in ends
Read NextJust One Ball Knit Shawl
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Honeycomb Stitch
- Beginner Mistake Rib Scarf
- Faux Cable Hat
- Sunny Headband
- Dovetail Easy Blanket
- 24 Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
- Willow Cable Stitch
- Cabled Headband
- How To Knit Convertible Flip Mitts And Fingerless Gloves
- Two Slipper Styles With One Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You