The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Easy Cranberry Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This project is perfect for a novice shawl knitter because it is predominantly garter stitch and will not require much blocking to keep the fabric flat and even. The mirrored, plaited cables on the spine keep the shawl interesting and add a unique touch to the simple, ridged fabric."
Knitting Needle Size10.5 or 6.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge12 stitches, 25 rows, 4 inches. Garter stitch
- Red Barn Yarn Worsted (85% wool/15% mohair, 4 oz/113 g, 190 yd/174 m) 3 skeins in Precious Rubies, or approximately 570 yd (521 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size 10.5/6.5 mm 36 (91 cm) knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Cable needle.
- 2 stitch markers.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 8 Portable Knitting Projects for Travel
- Time stops at Shamli
- Women's Play Day Cardigan
- Linen-Stitch Cowl in the Round
- How to Spool Knit
- Top Knot Love
- Sunny Meadow Corner-To-Corner Baby Blanket
- Gertrude Slouchy Hat
- 24 Free Knitting Patterns for Sock Weight Yarn
- Crop Top Sweater Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You