The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Madison is one of our most popular free shawl knitting patterns by the designer Anni Howard and knitted in the the lovely peacock feather of Artesano Hand painted DK Alpaca and Wool Blend."
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge18 stitches, 22 rows, 4 inches. in fact, the tension is not important , just enjoy knitting your hearts out
- 6 x peacock Feather Artesano Handpainted DK alpaca and wool blend which is shipped internationally
- 6 hanks of Artesano Hand-Painted DK Yarn - EZ71 Peacock Feather
- 4.5mm straight and circular needles. (You will need the circular needle due to the large number of sts in the border)
- Stitch markers
Tension: Tension not important
Sizing: 195 cm wide and 68 cm deep
Cast on 135 sts.
Commence honeycomb lace patt
Row 1 (RS): Purl.
Row 2: K2, *yo, skpo; rep from * to last 3 sts, yo, sk2po.
Row 3: Purl.
Row 4: K1, *yo, skpo; rep from * to last 3 sts, yo, sk2po.
Rep these 4 rows until 5 sts rem, ending with Row 1.
Next row: K2, yo, sk2po.
Next row: Purl.
Next row: K1, yo, sk2po.
Next row: Purl.
Next row: Sk2po.
With RS facing, pu and k166 sts down row ends of straight edge of honeycomb lace, 1 st at corner (mark this st) and 166 sts along cast on edge. 333 sts
Row 1 (WS): Knit.
Row 2: K1, m1, k to marked st, m1, k1, m1, k to last st, m1, k1.
Rep these 2 rows 9 times more, then row 1 again. 373 sts
Next row: K3, [k1 winding yrn 3 times, p1 winding yrn needle 3 times, k1 winding yrn 3 times] all into next st, *k5, [k1 winding yrn 3 times, p1 winding yrn needle 3 times, k1 winding yrn 3 times] all into next st; rep from * to last 3 sts, k3.
Next row: K2tog, k1, k3 dropping extra loops, *k1, k3tog, k1, k3 dropping extra loops; rep from * to last 3 sts, k1, k2tog.
Cast off k-wise.
Pull each scallop in lacy edge out slightly to lengthen the sts.
Weave in ends.
Block to measurements given.
skpo = slip 1 st, knit 1 st, pass slipped stitch over
sk2po = slip 1 st, knit next 2 sts together, pass slipped stitch over
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The name says it all when it comes to these Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers. Cabling is one of the easiest things you can do in… Continue reading: "Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 25 Christmas Knitting Ideas for Everyone On Your List
- Intarsia Knitting 101
- Roositud Knitting 101
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You