The Altimeter Red Knit Scarf
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"“Altimeter: n., An instrument that measures and indicates the height above sea level at which an object, such as an airplane, is located.” As foster care students lift off into their college careers and their lives as adults, they benefit from the support and encouragement offered by knitters who donate to the Red Scarf Project. Help them soar with a scarf that serves as a tangible expression of care.This scarf is an easy knit and is completely reversible, using strategically placed purl stitches on each row of garter stitch to give the illusion of upward motion."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 rows and 18 stitches = 4 inches in pattern
- KnitPicks Brava Worsted 100% Premium Acrylic (218 yds/100 gr), 2 balls in colorway Red.
- US Size 8 (5mm)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Row counter
Read NextThe Cherry Leaf Scarf
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Simple Summer Top Knitting Pattern
- Iron Knit Hat
- Basic Ankle Socks
- Simple Brioche Headband
- Daydreamer Shawl
- Forest Beehive Shawlette
- Sage Knit Hat
- Eater Bunny Free Knitting
- Easy Knit Face Scrubbies
- Summer Lace Rectangle Knit Shrug
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You