- see all comments
"Hi, I can't find the knitting pattern for this book, can I have it please?"
"With the page open, right click on your mouse, this will open a new window, in the new window scroll down to and click on print. That will take you to print review, in print preview change "all" to just the pages that the pattern is on and click print. Using the cut and copy feature to paste the document into another program for printing is actually a violation of international copyright laws, but printing directly from the page is permitted. Hope this helps someone. Happy knitting!"
"This is not a free pattern, so not sure why it is still featured on an "all free knitting" website."
The Altimeter Red Knit Scarf
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"“Altimeter: n., An instrument that measures and indicates the height above sea level at which an object, such as an airplane, is located.” As foster care students lift off into their college careers and their lives as adults, they benefit from the support and encouragement offered by knitters who donate to the Red Scarf Project. Help them soar with a scarf that serves as a tangible expression of care.This scarf is an easy knit and is completely reversible, using strategically placed purl stitches on each row of garter stitch to give the illusion of upward motion."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 rows and 18 stitches = 4 inches in pattern
- KnitPicks Brava Worsted 100% Premium Acrylic (218 yds/100 gr), 2 balls in colorway Red.
- US Size 8 (5mm)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Row counter
Read NextAll Too Well Scarf Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 26, 2017
I think the gauge notation might be a little off, 174 rows to 1 inch?
Nov 27, 2017
Hi Lisa, we have updated the gauge for this pattern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. -Editors of AllFreeKnitting
Dec 03, 2016
This looks like a great one. Perhaps I will be able to knit it while in the in the car. I like that it has a beautiful downward pattern for those days when it is better to have stripes downward rather than around. LOL I think I will try winter white. The only other seed stitch I did was a tiny square pattern, this is much more stylish.0000
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam
Knitting a hat doesn't need to take up your whole weekend. This Pink Quick-Knit Beanie can be completed in just hours to give you a… Continue reading: "Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Stylish Cardigan With Colorful Stripes
- Unisex Winter Hat
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You