Easy Peasy Knit Poncho
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Easy enough for a beginner - the only stitches are knit and purl. Any DK (light worsted) yarn will work but using Aran (worsted) will just give you a wider/longer poncho. I used Debbie Bliss Mia in Ruby on 4.5mm needles (USA 7)and I'm now working one up in an Aran weight on 5.5mm needles (USA 9). Block the knit before stitching together to form the neckline and the concertina effect should remain."
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge20 stitches, 25 rows, 4 inches. purl 5, knit 5 over 20 stitches to get this gauge - although honestly gauge is easy come easy go on this project.
- DK yarn - around 1100 meters
- circular needles 4.5mm (USA 7)
- Wool needle to stitch together and create neck opening.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Knitting a hat doesn't need to take up your whole weekend. This Pink Quick-Knit Beanie can be completed in just hours to give you a… Continue reading: "Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Happy Wedding Shawlette
- Dina Baby Blanket
- Rameez Baby Blanket
- Saleha Convertible Gloves
- Saleha Sluuchy Beanie
- Marley Beanie
- 10 Interesting Things to Knit When You're Bored
- Ammara Throw
- Insiya Baby Blanket
- Chunky Knit Ear Warmer
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You