This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Weaved Messy Bun Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Hello to you all! This is my first attempt at designing a messy bun hat. I'm using the same weave pattern that I've used previously in my Ginger Basket Shawl. While I kept the making process easy, I still wanted to give this hat an exceptional style, so I paired an easy pattern with a vibrant colored yarn with small flowers sprinkled all over it. I also added a ribbon to the top opening so it can be adjusted to the head size and hair. So grab a skein of your favorite stashed yarn and a ribbon and make this messy bun hat for you or your little ones in just a few hours. I'm preparing another easy to knit project using the same type of yarn, so keep an eye out for it. Have a lovely knitting day!"
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextGolden Garter Knit Hat
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Laverna Shawlette
- Knit a Sweater Cardigan Style: 11 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 15 Baby Afghan Knitting Patterns
- Knitting Stitch #7
- Knit Aran Baby Romper
- Adalicaia Bonnet
- Beach Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You