This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Simple Checkered Beanie
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Hello everyone! Sometimes, a nice and quick project is all you need to make a cute present for this season's celebrations. So a pattern that only has knit and purl stitches, and could be finished within a few hours is the perfect project! This is a very easy to make beanie hat that features a simple but detectable checkered pattern, even though its knit from a single colored yarn. What I did -which was new for me in this hat- is the decreasing rows; they don't consist of lines that start after the general pattern and end up meeting at the center top. Instead, they are rounds that get smaller as you reach the top. I hope you have fun making this hat!"
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm, 8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextThe Noob Hat
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You