This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Mint Chocolate Chip Beanie
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This gender-neutral, chunky knit beanie pattern includes instructions for knitting flat then seaming, or knitting in the round seamlessly. Make it your way and keep your head cozy in fall and winter. This pattern was designed for the King Cole North American Brand Ambassadors Autumn Accessories Make Along. Skills Used Basic knitting stitches: knit, purl Decreasing: k2tog, p2tog (includes linked video tutorials) Closing the top of a knit hat (includes video tutorial) For knit flat and seamed version: knitting flat in rows, seaming with mattress stitch (includes video tutorial) For knit in the round seamlessly version, knitting in the round Skill Level Easy Finished Size Teen/Adult: 17” (43 cm) ribbing circumference/21” (53.5 cm) hat circumference x 8.5” (21.5 cm) height. The finished hat is quite stretchy and will comfortably fit a variety of head sizes from child through adult large. Materials King Cole Rosarium Mega Chunky yarn (100% Merino wool, 3.5 oz/100 g/43 yd/40 m) – 2 skeins in 4708 Rose Leaf (CA) and 1 skein in 4703 Rose Thorn (CB), or approximately 60 yd (55 m) in CA and 40 yd (36.5 m) in CB in any super bulky weight yarn. US Size 17/12 mm knitting needles, or size needed to obtain gauge. US Size 15/10 mm knitting needles, or size needed to obtain gauge. Use straight needles to knit flat and seam, or use double pointed or circular needles to knit seamlessly in the round. Stitch marker (for knit seamlessly in the round version). Yarn needle. Gauge 9 sts = 4” (10 cm) wide in pattern (Rows/Rounds 1-4) using larger needles. For best fit, always check your gauge."
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm, 17 or 12.75 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Read NextGolden Garter Knit Hat
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Laverna Shawlette
- Knit a Sweater Cardigan Style: 11 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 15 Baby Afghan Knitting Patterns
- Knitting Stitch #7
- Knit Aran Baby Romper
- Adalicaia Bonnet
- Beach Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You