8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
Stripey Fingerless Mitts
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The Stripey mitts are a great way to practice the join as you go method. Each stripe is made one at a time and joined to the previous stripe as you make it, so it can be worked with straight needles only one color is being worked at a time. No tangling multiple color yarns as you work your piece. The mitts are worked entirely in a rib stitch so they fit a multiple of sizes. If you need to make them wider or thinner, just add or remove panels!"
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
GaugeStiches: 36, Rows: 26, Inches: 4, Description: 2x2 rib
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 21 Knit Wedding Patterns
- 23 Super Cozy Knit Sweater Patterns
- 18 Itsy Bitsy: Tiny Knitting Patterns
- Knitted Afghan Patterns: What's the Difference Between Afghans, Blankets, and Throws?
- 23 Knit Toys for Girls and Boys
- Cotton Fine Yarn
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You