Easy Knit Elbow Patches
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"I can't remember the day I bought this sweater. It was probably something I added to an armful of clothes on my way to the register at H&M, thinking it would be a good staple. I do remember where and when I've worn it: absentmindedly pulling it on during late nights at the office, squinting more closely at my screen. On a plane to Paris, where I washed it in our apartment's machine (which, in my memory, took about six hours to complete a cycle). Over baggy t-shirts, as my newborn and I navigated nursing while the sun rose. I was sad when the elbows finally started to wear thin (particularly the left one; I like to lean it on my desk at work). Really, it couldn't have cost more than $25 originally, and probably about that to buy a newer version, but I feel sentimental about this sweater! I am attempting to knit one that could replace it, but...we'll see. I was inspired to knit elbow patches in the meantime. I wrote out what I did, so you can use it as a pattern too if you'd like."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Funfetti Sweater
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for an Infinity Scarf
- Carrot Cake Beanie
- All Fingers And Thumbs
- Easter Bunny Potholder
- Easter Bunny
- Bernat Super Value Yarn
- Simple Braids Hat
- Quick Round Scrubby
- Kenai Skyline Shawl
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You