Candy Cane Hot Pad
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Add some fun holiday cheer to your table this Christmas with this adorable Candy Cane Hot Pad! This project is quick to work up and makes a sweet and fun gift!"
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
- Approx 45-55 Yards of Worsted (4) Weight Yarn
- Size 5.5mm (US9) Straight Needles
- Yarn or Tapestry Needle
Did You Know?
This free knitting pattern features the distinctive shape of a candy cane. Have you ever wondered how this sweet treat got its shape or why these delectable peppermint sticks are often associated with the Christmas season? According to folklore, in 1670, a choirmaster in Cologne, Germany was trying to figure out a way to quiet the noisy children during the Christmas Eve church service. He asked a local candy maker for some sweet sticks for them to suck on during the service; and in order to justify giving children candy during worship, he asked the candy maker to add a crook to the top of each stick. The crook would remind the children of the shepherds who paid infant Jesus a visit. The candy canes were a big hit in Germany and quickly spread to other parts of Europe, where they were given out during Nativity pageants. Thus, the candy cane became associated with Christmastime.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern is such a unique knitted fingerless gloves pattern. The black color is muted and… Continue reading: "Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern"
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You