- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Easy Garter Stitch Neck Warmer
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"This is a simple neck-warmer or cowl with a subtle color change from top to bottom (or visa versa). Perfect for anyone wanting to try knitting in the round for the first time or for someone who just likes a quick knit. The Alpaca (4 ply) and the Brushed Alpaca Silk (or Kidsilk Haze) is held together with the color change coming from changing only the 4 ply yarn. The Brushed Alpaca Silk is used from start to finish and lends a luxury soft feel which most people find itch-free. Gauge is not terribly important, but if you like a looser cowl cast on around 10 extra stitches at the start and cast on 20 extra if you like it super-loose. You should be able to get 2 garments from the 3 x 50g skeins of Alpaca and 1 x 25g of Brushed Alpaca Silk - I did a little stash-diving to select the yarn for this project and most of what I used was actually left over from other projects. I used my 5mm Knit-Pro Karbonz Interchangeable needles with the smallest cord I have (12) and even this felt a little tight until a few rounds were completed."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 stitches, 0 rows, 4 inches. Gauge is not essential in this project. Achieve garter stitch in the round by knitting one row and purling the next.
- 3 x 50g skeins of Drops Alpaca in complementary colours - or you could use just 2 skeins - you'll have enough yarn.
- 1 x 25g skein of either Drops Brushed Alpaca Silk or Rowan Kidsilk Haze.
- 5mm (size 8) 12" circular needles.
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
Read NextDove Gray Cowl Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mistress of All Ev il
Jan 08, 2016
This is cute. I might have to give up my fear of circular needles for this one. Besides, it's easy enough.
Jan 04, 2016
Just want to let you all know that there is a downloadable pdf of this pattern available on Ravelry - Easy Garter Stitch Neck Warmer - thanks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy No Sew Sweater
If you hate free knitting patterns for sweaters that feature tons of seaming and sewing, this is a great pattern to add to your… Continue reading: "Easy No Sew Sweater"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You