9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Warm Memories Tea Cozy
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Keep your tea and your hearts warm with this knit tea cozy pattern. This Warm Memories Tea Cozy will become an annual holiday decoration that will hold many fond memories and tea pots throughout the years. There's nothing quite like gathering around for tea and desserts after a big Christmas dinner. Some of your favorite holiday memories will be around the dining room table with this tea cozy in the center. Tea always tastes better when its kept warm by a classic tea knit cozy and when its drunk in good company.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge16 stitches, 23 rows, 4 inches. stockinette stitch
- RED HEART® Soft®: 1 ball 4601 Off White A
- RED HEART® Soft®: 1 ball 9870 Deep Sea B
- RED HEART® Soft®: 1 ball 4420 Guacamole C
- RED HEART® Soft®: 1 ball 5142 Cherry Red D
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 5 mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 16 sts = 4” [10 cm]; 23 rows = 4” [10 cm] in Stockinette Stitch. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the specified gauge.
- Two sizes to fit most teapots.
- Directions are for small teapot, changes for medium teapot are in parentheses.
- Circumference at widest point: 18 (20)” [46 cm, 51 cm]
- A, B, C, D = Colors A, B, C, D
- k = knit
- k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
- p = purl
- mm = millimeters
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
- [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times indicated
Row 1 (Wrong Side): Knit.
Row 2: Knit.
Row 3: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 4: Knit.
Repeat rows 1-4, changing colors every 4 rows.
Note: Cozy can be customized to fit any teapot. Try on your teapot as you work and adjust the placement of the handle and spout openings.
Rows 1-28: With A, cast on 36 (40) sts. Work in Stitch Pattern, working 4-row stripes of A, B, A,C, D, A and C.
Row 29: (Wrong Side): With B, Knit.
Row 30: Knit.
Row 31: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 32: K2, *K2tog, K4; repeat from * to last 4 sts, K2tog, K2-30 (34) sts.
Rows 33-34: With A, Knit.
Row 35: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 36: K2, *K2tog, K3; repeat from * to last 3 (2) sts, K3 (2)—25 (28) sts.
Row 37: With D, knit.
Row 38: K2, *K1, K2tog; repeat from * to last 2 sts, K2—18 (20) sts.
Row 39: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 40: Knit.
Rows 41-42: With A, Knit.
Row 43: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 44: Knit.
Rows 45-46: With C, Knit.
Row 47: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 48: K2, [K2tog] to last 2 sts, K2—11 (12) sts.
Row 49: K2, purl to last 2 sts, K2.
Row 50: K3 (2), [K2tog] 3 times, K2—8 sts.
Cut yarn leaving a 12” [30 cm] tail. Draw tail through all 8 sts, pull tightly to close and knot to secure.
Try Cozy on teapot and pin seams together leaving openings for spout and handle. With yarn needle, sew seams together above and below spout and handle openings. With A, make a pom-pom measuring approximately 2½” [6 cm] in diameter. Sew to top of Cozy. Weave in ends.
Read NextTiny Elf
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 08, 2014
LOVE this pattern; however, since I am new to knitting, how many stitches to cast on to begin with? Thank you.
Sep 08, 2014
Never mind, I see it now. Sorry. :(
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Magentalicious Cowl is a beautiful deep color that will catch anyone's eye. The simple design is perfect for chilly autumn days… Continue reading: "Magentalicious Cowl"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- Simple Garter Stitch Dishcloth
- Double Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You