We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knit yourself and your spouse a matching pair of adorable slippers for the holidays using this Cozy Christmas Knit Slipper Pattern. This knitted slipper pattern features festive colors for Christmas season, which can be switched out to other colors if you celebrate a different holiday. You'll love how perfect this knit slipper pattern is for sitting around the fire with your family beneath the twinkling holiday lights as you share good food, good stories, and good cheer. Try knitting a pair for each member of the family to serve as stocking stuffers!
NotesDo not cut yarn after each color stripe; instead carry unused colors loosely up inside sock. One skein of each color will yield 1 pair of Women's AND 1 pair of Men's slipper socks.
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 sts and 27 rows = 4" in Broken Rib.
Finished SizeDirections are for Small adult. Changes for Medium, Large and Extra Large are in parentheses. Sock measures 7 1/2 (8 1/2, 9 1/2, 10 1/2)" (19 (21.5, 24, 26.5) cm) around foot.
- For Woman: RED HEART Super Saver: 1 skein each 319 Cherry Red (A), 316 Soft White (B), 400 Soft Grey Heather (C)
- For Man: RED HEART® Super Saver®: 400 Soft Grey Heather (A), 319 Cherry Red (B), 316 Soft White (C)
- Susan Bates Double pointed needles: One set 4 mm [US 6]
- Susan Bates split lock stitch markers, stitch marker, waste yarn, yarn needle
If you're addicted to these slippers, wait until you check out the free eBook we have in store for you! This eBook is full of slipper and sock patterns for those craving toasty toes: Knitting in the Round: 10 Knit Sock Patterns and Knitted Slipper Patterns
Socks (make both the same)
With A, cast on 32 (36, 40, 44) sts.
Place 8 (9, 10, 11) sts on each of 4 double-pointed needles.
Join round being careful to not twist cast-on edge, and mark first st.
Work 6 (10, 6, 10) rounds in 1x1 Rib.
Drop A, and work 43 (43, 55, 55) rounds in Broken Rib and stripe sequence; the final round should be a single color A round.
With B, work 2 rounds.
With C, work 2 rounds.
With B, work 2 rounds.
With A, work 6 rounds.
With waste yarn, k16 (18, 20, 22) sts.
Slide all waste yarn sts back to left needle.
With A, work in pattern across waste yarn sts and remainder of round.
Drop A, and work 42 (42, 54, 54) rounds in Broken Rib and stripe sequence (starting at beginning of sequence), then continue with A only.
Work 1 (5, 1, 5) rounds evenly.
Make sure the sts are still distributed evenly across the 4 double-pointed needles, and continue with A only.
Round 1 (decrease round): *K1, ssk, knit to end of first needle, knit to last 3 sts before end of second needle, k2tog, k2; repeat from * across 3rd and 4th needles.
Round 2: Knit.
Repeat rounds 1 & 2 until 16 (20, 20, 24) sts remain, then repeat round 1 only until 8 (12, 12, 12) sts remain.
Graft toe sts together.
Place first 8 (9, 10, 11) sts from bottom of Heel on one double-pointed needle, 8 (9, 10, 11) sts on a second needle. Divide sts at top of Heel over 2 needles in the same manner, and carefully remove waste yarn.
Round 1: With A and right side facing, pick up 1 st in gap between top and bottom needles, knit across 2 bottom needles, pick up 2 sts from next gap, knit across 2 top needles, then pick up 1 more st in first gap – 36 (40, 44, 48) sts.
Knit 1 round evenly.
Next 2 rounds (begin shaping):
Round 1 (dec round): *K1, ssk, knit to end of first needle, knit to last 3 sts before end of second needle, k2tog, k2; repeat from * across 3rd and 4th needles.
Round 2: Knit.
Repeat rounds 1 & 2 until 20 (24, 24, 28) sts remain, then repeat round 1 only until 12 (16, 16, 16) sts remain.
Graft heel sts together
SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: GRAFTING WITH KITCHENER STITCH
To graft 2 pieces together using Kitchener stitch, hold both needles together in your left hand, with WS facing inward. Cut a long tail from the working yarn (about 4 times the width of the fabric to be joined), and thread tail into yarn needle.
Step 1: Insert yarn needle purlwise into first st on front needle and pull it through, leaving st on the knitting needle.
Step 2: Insert yarn needle knitwise into first st on the back needle and pull it through, leaving st on the knitting needle.
Step 3: Insert yarn needle knitwise into first st on front needle and pull it through, then drop this st off knitting needle.
Step 4: Insert yarn needle purlwise into first st on front needle and pull it through, leaving st on the knitting needle.
Step 5: Insert yarn needle purlwise into first st on the back needle and pull it through, then drop this st off knitting needle.
Step 6: Insert yarn needle knitwise into first st on the back needle and pull it through, leaving st on the knitting needle.
Repeat steps 3-6 only, pausing to pull sts taut and neaten the seam after every couple of inches. Be sure to always pause after a step 6 so as to not lose your place.
When 2 sts remain, work step 3, then step 5, then fasten off.
Weave in all loose ends.
- Slip next two stitches knitwise to right needle, insert point of left needle through front of sts, knit these sts together through back loop.
- 1x1 Rib
- *K1, p1; repeat from * to end of round. Repeat this round for 1x1 Rib.
- Broken Rib (even number of sts, in the round)
- Round 1: Knit; Round 2: *K1, p1; repeat from * around. Repeat Rounds 1-2 for Broken Rib.
- A, B, C
- Color A, Color B, Color C
- knit next 2 sts together
- * or **
- repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Be Merry Easy Knit Wreath
- 27+ Knit Christmas Tree Ornament Patterns
- Santa Knit Gift Card Sleeve
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas eBook
- 18 Christmas Stocking Patterns
- 20+ Free Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Easy Holiday Knit Slippers
- Six Pointed Star Christmas Ornament
- Nordic Holiday Centerpiece
- "5 Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns" eBook
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You