Christmas Tree Gift Card Cozy
This DIY gift card holder will add some extra holiday cheer to your Christmas gifts. This Christmas Tree Gift Card Cozy will make your gift cards look personal. Gift cards can make your present seem a little rushed. Make sure the recipient knows how much you care about them by adding this thoughtful touch. This little Christmas tree will make your gift card seem extra festive. This cozy pattern is incredibly easy. Even beginners can add a personal touch to their holiday gifts with this easy knitting pattern.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge20 stitches, 26 rows, 4 inches. stocking stitch
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz ; 109 m/120 yds) Main Color (MC) (00016 Dark Pine) 1 ball (Note: 1 ball makes approx 2 Gift Card Cozies)
- Small amount of Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g/2.5 oz ; 109 m/120 yds) Constrast A (00095 Red) for blanket st edging.
- Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Assorted small buttons
- Small piece of white felt for Star
Gauge: 20 and 26 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Measurements: Approx 6" x 6½" [15 x 16.5 cm].
- Approx = Approximately.
- K = Knit.
- K2(3)tog = Knit next 2(3) stitches together.
- P = Purl.
- RS = Right side.
- Sl1P = Slip next stitch purlwise.
- Ssk = Slip next 2 stitches knitwise one at a
- time. Pass them back onto left-hand needle,
- then knit through back loops together.
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Tog = Together.
- WS = Wrong side.
Tree (make 2).
With MC, cast on 35 sts.
1st row: (RS). K17. Sl1P. K17.
2nd row: K17. P1. K17.
3rd row: K15. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K15. 33 sts.
4th row: Purl.
5th row: K14. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K14. 31 sts.
6th row: Purl.
7th row: K13. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K13. 29 sts.
8th row: K14. P1. K14.
9th row: K12. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K12. 27 sts.
10th row: Purl.
11th row: K11. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K11. 25 sts.
12th row: Purl.
13th row: K10. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K10. 23 sts.
14th row: K11. P1. K11.
15th row: K9. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K9. 21 sts.
16th row: Purl.
17th row: K8. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K8. 19 sts.
18th row: Purl.
19th row: K7. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K7. 17 sts.
20th row: K8. P1. K8.
21st row: K6. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K6. 15 sts.
22nd row: Purl.
23rd row: K5. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K5. 13 sts.
24th row: Purl.
25th row: K4. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K4. 11 sts.
26th row: K5. P1. K5.
27th row: K3. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K3. 9 sts.
28th row: Purl.
29th row: K2. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K2. 7 sts.
30th row: Purl.
31th row: K1. ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. K1. 5 sts.
32nd row: K2. P1. K2.
33rd row: ssk. Sl1P. K2tog. 3 sts.
34th row: Purl.
35th row: K3tog. Fasten off.
With WS facing and A, sew Trees tog using blanket st, leaving one side edge open to insert gift card. Sew buttons on Tree. Cut star from felt using template. Glue star to top of Tree.
Read NextTiny Tree Ornaments