We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Small and sweet, these make the perfect gift for any new parents. Who says babies need to be dressed in lemon yellow and pastels! These booties are a quick knit and make a good introduction to more complex shaping for the new knitter. You will need one 50g ball of MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino in Fuchsia, Daisy Yellow and Peacock plus one pair of 2.75mm (US 2) knitting needles. This pattern is available in sizes 3 months to 6 months."
Knitting Needle Size2 or 2.75 mm
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino - Fuchsia (143)
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino - Daisy Yellow (142)
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino - Peacock (144)
- Some 2.75mm (US 2) needles
Upper sections (Make 2)
With 2.75mm (US 2) needles and A cast on 38 sts.
1st rib row K2, [p2, k2] to end.
2nd rib row P2, [k2, p2] to end. These 2 rows form the rib. Work a further 4 rows, dec 2 sts evenly across last row. 36 sts. K 30 rows.
Break off A.
Slip first 13 sts onto a holder, rejoin B to next st, k10, turn and work on these 10 sts. Work 23 rows in g-st on centre 10 sts.
Next row K1, skpo, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. K 1 row. Rep the last 2 rows once more. 6 sts.
Break off B.
With right side facing and using C, k13 sts from holder, pick up and k14 sts along side of instep, k across centre 6 sts, then pick up and k14 sts along other side of instep, k13. 60 sts. K 12 rows. Cast off.
Soles (Make 2)
With 2.75mm (US 2) needles and A cast on 4 sts.
K 1 row.
Next row Cast on 2 sts, k to end. Rep the last row 3 times more. 12 sts. K 34 rows.
Next row K1, skpo, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. K 1 row.
Rep the last 2 rows twice more. 6 sts. Cast off.
To make up join back seam, reversing at top edge for turnover. With centre of cast on edge towards back seam and centre of cast off edge towards centre of upper boot, sew sole in place.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Beginner Snood Knit Pattern might be one of the most versatile pieces you ever make. This free knit snood pattern is essentially a… Continue reading: "Beginner Snood Knit Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- What is Musk Ox Yarn? + 20 Qiviut Yarn Patterns
- Crown Jewel English Rib Hat
- Wriggly Cowl
- Garter Stitch Bias Top
- Yet Another Heart-shaped Potholder
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Coziest Cable Cardigan
- Broken Rib Hat
- What is Viscose Yarn? + 24 Knitting Patterns
- Easy Hand Warmers Knitting Pattern For Children
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You