We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Small and sweet, these make the perfect gift for any new parents. Who says babies need to be dressed in lemon yellow and pastels! These booties are a quick knit and make a good introduction to more complex shaping for the new knitter. You will need one 50g ball of MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino in Fuchsia, Daisy Yellow and Peacock plus one pair of 2.75mm (US 2) knitting needles. This pattern is available in sizes 3 months to 6 months."
Knitting Needle Size2 or 2.75 mm
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino - Fuchsia (143)
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino - Daisy Yellow (142)
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino - Peacock (144)
- Some 2.75mm (US 2) needles
Upper sections (Make 2)
With 2.75mm (US 2) needles and A cast on 38 sts.
1st rib row K2, [p2, k2] to end.
2nd rib row P2, [k2, p2] to end. These 2 rows form the rib. Work a further 4 rows, dec 2 sts evenly across last row. 36 sts. K 30 rows.
Break off A.
Slip first 13 sts onto a holder, rejoin B to next st, k10, turn and work on these 10 sts. Work 23 rows in g-st on centre 10 sts.
Next row K1, skpo, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. K 1 row. Rep the last 2 rows once more. 6 sts.
Break off B.
With right side facing and using C, k13 sts from holder, pick up and k14 sts along side of instep, k across centre 6 sts, then pick up and k14 sts along other side of instep, k13. 60 sts. K 12 rows. Cast off.
Soles (Make 2)
With 2.75mm (US 2) needles and A cast on 4 sts.
K 1 row.
Next row Cast on 2 sts, k to end. Rep the last row 3 times more. 12 sts. K 34 rows.
Next row K1, skpo, k to last 3 sts, k2 tog, k1. K 1 row.
Rep the last 2 rows twice more. 6 sts. Cast off.
To make up join back seam, reversing at top edge for turnover. With centre of cast on edge towards back seam and centre of cast off edge towards centre of upper boot, sew sole in place.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Sweet and Simple Knit Baby Hat pattern is absolutely adorable and would make the perfect gift for any brand new baby. Available… Continue reading: "Sweet and Simple Knit Baby Hat"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- What Can I Knit With 600 Yards of Yarn?
- Sunset Blanket
- Brown Sheep Lanaloft Yarn
- Extended Triangle Wrap
- Sophia's Knit Blanket
- Easy Knit Scarf
- Gentle Swells
- Easy To Knit Slippers
- What Can I Knit With 500 Yards of Yarn?
- Cable Knit Slippers For Childen And Adults
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You