Deborah Birchall and Louise Fitzpatrick from Fitzbirch Crafts
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Deb and Louise are sisters who have been crafting together since they were both small girls living in a regional country town in Western Australia.
Louise was taught to knit at 6 by her Mum but Deb, being left-handed, was taught by her Dad who learned how to reverse right handed knitting so he could teach her. All of their spare time was spent making and knitting things - paper dolls, french knitting, latch hook rugs, dolls clothes, and even a school room from old boxes. This continued well into adulthood when they both had small children and would quilt together.
Before long, they found themselves on opposite sides of the world and their days of crafting together ceased. When they were finally back in the same country, albeit 3000 km’s apart, they decided having a blog would be the ideal way to keep crafting together.
Deb's work space is filled with a wide assortment of crafting tools, which perfectly reflects her varied interests. Primarily a knitter and crocheter, Deb has also been known to sew, weave, loom knit, embroider, and bead. Her patterns and tutorials are often for small projects, allowing both beginners and the time-poor crafter to participate in creative pursuits.
Louise has a love of yarn and fabric which she puts to good use spinning, knitting, and quilting. She likes to design her own knitwear and if that involves mastering new techniques, all the better. Sharing her designs via the blog brings immense satisfaction, especially if it inspires knitters to take their knitting to a new level by learning a new skill.
Together, Deb and Louise love creating and running their blog. It’s the perfect way to be a part of a much wider, global crafting community whilst staying in daily touch with each other.
Projects on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The name says it all when it comes to these Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers. Cabling is one of the easiest things you can do in… Continue reading: "Unbelievably Easy Cabled Ear Warmers"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How to Knit Jogless Stripes
- Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn
- Parachutes Cowl
- Chunky Chevron Fast Knit Baby Blanket
- Free Knitting Patterns for Babies
- Henley Knit Sweater Pattern
- 10 Must-Have Knitted Jacket Patterns
- Red Heart Hygge Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You