This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
Stockinette Stitch Swatch
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The Stockinette Stitch is the quintessential knit stitch pattern. When most people think of knit fabric, this is the stitch pattern they think of. Stockinette stitch worked in rows uses knit stitches and purl stitches, while stockinette stitch worked in the round uses only knit stitches. Many knit stitch patterns in the Stitchopedia include a pattern for a sampler swatch that can be used in various was, including seaming them together to make a sampler blanket. I’ve made my swatches with Kraemer Perfection DK and US 6, 4.0 mm needles so they come out to 5.5″ square. However, you can use whatever yarn you want. Here is the pattern for the swatch for this stitch pattern."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextDiagonal Broken Rib Square
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Waves Hat Beach Ocean Beanie Toque
- Patons Kroy Sock Yarn Hat Self Striping Beanie Toque
- Whale + Waves Hat Beanie Toque Sizes Baby, Children, Women And Men
- Knit Vintage Men's Hat
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Laverna Shawlette
- Knit a Sweater Cardigan Style: 11 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 15 Baby Afghan Knitting Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You