- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Cozy Knit Shrug Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
If you're not a fan of the dainty look of most shrugs, or you're looking for something a little more durable and warming than your standard bolero, look no further than the Cozy Knit Shrug Pattern. This shrug knitting pattern for beginners is one of the quickest ways to whip up a comfy wearable for any season, since it uses large needles and super bulky yarn. The dusty pink color shown is perfect for a more feminine appeal, but a brown or a black version of this knit shrug pattern would be perfect for a wardrobe staple.
Notes1. Directions are for size Small. Changes for sizes Medium, Large, X-Large, and XX-Large are in parentheses.
2. Back is worked, back and forth in rows, in Garter stitch (knit every row).
3. Border is worked in 1x1 Rib worked in rounds.
4. Without binding off, the back is folded and stitches are picked up across the cast-on edge to begin working the border in rounds.
5. There is no top or bottom to the finished piece. Insert arms into openings on sides of back. Border will fold around back of neck to form collar. Front of border can be worn open or pinned with a shawl pin or brooch.
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(7) Jumbo
Gauge7 sts = 4" (10 cm); 12 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Garter st (knit every row). CHECK YOUR
GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge
Finished SizeTo Fit Bust: 32 (36, 40, 44, 48)" (81.5 (91.5, 101.5, 112, 122) cm); Back Width: 16 (18¼, 20½, 22¾, 25¼)" (40.5 (46.5, 52, 58, 64) cm)
- RED HEART® Grande™ yarn: 5 (6, 7, 7, 8) balls - 901 Currant
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 10 mm [US 15] 29” (73.5 cm) circular needle
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
Cast on 28 (32, 36, 40, 44) sts. Work back and forth in rows on circular needle as if working with straight needles.
Work in Garter st (knit every row) until piece measures 16 (17, 18, 18, 19)" (40.5 (43, 45.5, 45.5, 48.5) cm) from beginning, end with a
wrong side row.
Do not bind off.
Round 1 (right side): Knit one more row of back, fold piece in half to bring cast-on edge up to needle, pick up and k1 st in each cast-on st—56 (64, 72, 80, 88) sts.
Place marker to indicate beginning of round. Prepare to work in rounds. See diagram for more information.
Round 2 (increase round): Kfb in each st around—112 (128, 144, 160, 176) sts.
Round 3: *K1, p1; repeat from * around.
Repeat last round for 6" (15 cm) or desired length.
Bind off loosely.
Weave in ends.
- kfb (knit into front and back)
- Knit next st but do not remove from needle, knit into back loop of same st and remove from needle.
Read NextBlissful Knit Shrug
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jul 13, 2018
Red heart Grande yarn is a #7 jumbo yarn not a #6 super bulky.
May 04, 2018
I love that this is an EASY shrug pattern. The chunky knit is really unique, and it looks like it would be very warm around the neck.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bright and Breezy Kimono
Take your lounging look to the next level with the Bright and Breezy Kimono. Youll look like a graceful star with this light sweater… Continue reading: "Bright and Breezy Kimono"
- Blissful Knit Shrug
- Sea-Green Simple Shrug
- Whispering Willows Knit Shrug
- Celestial Hand-Painted DK Cardigan/Bolero Free Knitting Pattern
- 20 Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- Stylishly Simple Shrug
- Chevron Knitted Bolero Pattern
- Elegant Cabled Shrug
- Not Your Average Shrug
- Ocean Sunset Lace Bolero
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You