- see all comments
"Hi, I can't find the knitting pattern for this book, can I have it please?"
"With the page open, right click on your mouse, this will open a new window, in the new window scroll down to and click on print. That will take you to print review, in print preview change "all" to just the pages that the pattern is on and click print. Using the cut and copy feature to paste the document into another program for printing is actually a violation of international copyright laws, but printing directly from the page is permitted. Hope this helps someone. Happy knitting!"
"This is not a free pattern, so not sure why it is still featured on an "all free knitting" website."
Grammy's Favorite Potholders
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"I have to thank my wonderful mother-in-law for providing the inspiration for this project! She recently sent me one of her favorite, handmade potholders. Her's was crocheted, likely by some lovely friend or family member. The pretty stripes and simple design inspired me to create my own knit version. The pattern is worked in the round, folded and the edges are joined to form the diagonals on the front and back. Its easier than it sounds. One skein of yarn is enough for one potholder."
Knitting Needle Size5 or 3.75 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge24 stitches, 36 rows, 4 inches. linen stitch
- 1 skein Lily Sugar 'n Cream Stripes in Natural Stripes
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
Read NextEasy Going Pot Holders
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 05, 2017
This potholder pattern looks just right, nice and thick with a tight weave to make it perfect for holding hot things or being used like a trivet. With self patterning cotton yarn in so many varieties I'm sure I'll find colors to coordinate with my kitchen, or to make as gifts.
Dec 22, 2016
These are really thick and luxurious potholders, being double ply. Lily Sugar 'n Cream self-striping is great yarn to work with, too. Must make a set.
Jan 29, 2016
Love the colors in this project!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam
Knitting a hat doesn't need to take up your whole weekend. This Pink Quick-Knit Beanie can be completed in just hours to give you a… Continue reading: "Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Stylish Cardigan With Colorful Stripes
- Unisex Winter Hat
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You