Grammy's Favorite Potholders
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"I have to thank my wonderful mother-in-law for providing the inspiration for this project! She recently sent me one of her favorite, handmade potholders. Her's was crocheted, likely by some lovely friend or family member. The pretty stripes and simple design inspired me to create my own knit version. The pattern is worked in the round, folded and the edges are joined to form the diagonals on the front and back. Its easier than it sounds. One skein of yarn is enough for one potholder."
Knitting Needle Size5 or 3.75 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge24 stitches, 36 rows, 4 inches. linen stitch
- 1 skein Lily Sugar 'n Cream Stripes in Natural Stripes
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You