This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Knitted Flower Large and Small
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"Need a little something to embellish a hat or mitts? Something that uses up some of those small scraps of yarn you know you have hidden in your yarn stash? Look no further…knitted flowers look great on your hats or mitts, can be used to make jewelry and even handy little gift tags. This pattern is available free as a Ravelry Downloadable pdf or on my blog for instant internet access. I hope you enjoy!"
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Any yarn, shown in a worsted weight and a crochet cotton.
- Knitting needles to suit the yarn.
- Tapestry Needle for finishing
Using a cable cast on (the cast on edge is going to show and I like the almost slipped stitch look the cabled cast on gives) cast on 40 stitches making sure you leave yourself a generous tail (about 9 inches) for sewing up later. Rows 1-5 Knit Across all Stitches. Row 6 K2tog across (20 stitches) Rows 7 and 9 Knit Across all Stitches Row 8 - K2tog across (10 stitches) Row 10 - K2tog across (5 stitches) Cut yarn leaving a 9 inch tail and thread onto a darning needle. Slip all 5 stitches onto that yarn and pull tight. Starting the opposite end to where your cast on tail is sitting, roll the piece around your thumb, forming a flower like shape. You can play with it a bit to get the flower looking the way you want. Once you are happy with the shape of your flower, tack petals into place using your cast on and cast off tails , drawing both through the bottom of the flower. Use both tails to attach flower to whatever makes your heart sing.
Read NextSeamless Cable Dress
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Tranquil Dusk Ponchovideocam
Get ready to look boho-chic with this Tranquil Dusk Poncho. This easy poncho pattern uses self-striping yarn to achieve a design that… Continue reading: "Tranquil Dusk Ponchovideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You