This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Since I was a crocheter first, when I first learned to knit, I was taught the continental style, and this cast on method. It was an easy transition. It’s easy to work, quick to add stitches, and gives a nice, flexible edging. I find this cast on to be so versatile and comfortable that I use it for almost everything! But it’s especially useful for projects that need more flexibility, like a cowl, hat or garment to name a few. There are both photo and video tutorials in this tutorial."
Knitting Needle Size1 or 2.25 mm, 2 or 2.75 mm, 3 or 3.25 mm, 4 or 3.5 mm, 5 or 3.75 mm, 6 or 4 mm, 7 or 4.5 mm, 8 or 5 mm, 9 or 5.5 mm, 10 or 6 mm, 10.5 or 6.5 mm, 11 or 8 mm, 13 or 9 mm, 15 or 10 mm, 17 or 12.75 mm, 35 or 19 mm, 19 or 15 mm, 50 or 25 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Read NextReusable Duster
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You