Brendan Woods Sweater
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The texture of this men’s sweater creates a unique look for a hand knitted item that a man will actually wear! This sweater is knit using the woven stitch in a gradient yarn that gives wide stripes that really add to the look. This is definitely not a sweater you will see on the rack! The body of the sweater is knitted from the bottom up, with a square indent for the sleeves, and then stitched together at the shoulders before adding the ribbed neckline. The sleeves are knitted starting at the cuff with simple increases at the edge of the work. The sleeves are sewn to the body and then the side and sleeve seams are sewn."
NotesI designed this sweater to fit my son, who is a body builder, but wrote the pattern in two versions. The tapered version uses a range of needle sizes to gradually taper the body of the sweater. By changing directly to the largest needle size after the ribbing, you will get a straight version that would fit most average men.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, 9 or 5.5 mm, 10 or 6 mm, 10.5 or 6.5 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Casual Friday Tie
- Knitted House Slippers for Him
- Forest Floor Men's Knit Cowl
- Brendan Woods Sweater
- 9 Men's Knitting Patterns: Men's Knitted Hat Patterns, Knit Scarves, & More Free eBook
- Knitting for Men: 50 Man Approved Knits
- Knitted French Beret
- Revolution Jacket
- Easy Mens Striped Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Men’s Basket Weave Scarf
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- What Can I Knit With 500 Yards of Yarn?
- Cable Knit Slippers For Childen And Adults
- Cool Stripes Hat
- Happy Wedding Shawlette
- Dina Baby Blanket
- Rameez Baby Blanket
- Saleha Convertible Gloves
- Saleha Sluuchy Beanie
- Marley Beanie
- 10 Interesting Things to Knit When You're Bored
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You