The Chubasco Sweater
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The Chubasco Sweater is inspired by unusual symmetry, in this case by the unexpectedness of the weather, how the sky is clear one moment, and the next, the skies are falling and everything is chaos. By combining the intricate Crossed Loops stitch and the mindlessness of the Reverse Stockinette stitch, the Chubasco sweater is and unexpected delight to knit, just like that unexpected rain on a clear Spring day. The Chubasco sweater features a hi-low, standard-fitting, drop shoulder silhouette, with straight sleeves and a mock turtle neck. It’s worked flat in 4 pieces (front, back and sleeves) bottom-up, and is then seamed together. After the back and front are joined, stitches are picked to create the turtle neck. This pattern includes instructions for waist, hip and tunic lengths for both the front and back pieces, so you can combine them as you prefer. There are six options to combine the different lengths: Option 1: cropped front and hip-length back. Option 2: cropped front and back. Option 3: hip-length front and back. Option 4: tunic-length front and back. Option 5: cropped front and tunic-length back. Option 6: hip-length front and tunic-length back. "
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Julie Asselin Leizu Worsted worsted weight yarn (4 oz/115 g; 200 yd/185 m; 90% superwash merino/10% silk). Color Echo
- Worsted weight yarn; 90% superwash merino/10% silk.
US size 6/4 mm needles or size to obtain correct gauge.
2 Stitch marker or scrap yarn.
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Newborn Cable Hat
- Pastel Stripes Sweater
- Quick And Easy Pumpkin Knitting Patterns
- Is it Easier to Learn to Knit or Crochet?
- Fall Halloween Flower Wreath
- Simple Checkered Beanie
- Braided Headband
- Woodfire Square
- Anastasia Hoodie
- Hat In English Rib
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You