We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This is Kaya’s scarf. It is a scarf I designed for my good friend Kaya for Christmas. It has 2 different types of lace stitches put together to make a gorgeous garment. But, even though it looks complicated, it really isn’t. Each of the lace stitches is only a 4 row repeat, so once you got those rows memorized, it’s smooth sailing until the end. The length of the scarf can be adjusted to fit how you like to wear your scarves. Mine is 68” long and 9.5” wide. You can also connect the ends and make it into a cowl if you so desire. Gauge is after blocking, but isn’t really important unless you want to make a very specific sized scarf. The sample is knit in Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca which is a 90% acrylic 10% alpaca blend. It is a weight 4 aran yarn. This scarf can also be made in any type of weight 4 yarn, though. Make it in 100% wool, 100% acrylic, cotton, a blend, it’s really up to you! The colorway I used is called Jade, and I used about 535 yards of yarn for my 68” scarf."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You