Chunky Slouchy Leg Warmers
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"These quick and easy leg warmers are equally cute and cozy. This is a great project for beginners who want to try knitting in the round without worrying about decreases. Experienced knitters will enjoy how quickly these come together, they are perfect for a last minute gift!"
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
DID YOU KNOW?
Some beginner knitting patterns have an interesting history and these Chunky Slouchy Leg Warmers are no exception. Leg warmers were originally used as dancewear by ballet and other classic dancers. The warmers, worn on the lower legs, were designed to keep the leg muscles warm and to prevent cramping or other muscle injuries. Leg warmers vary in length and width (depending on the stretchiness of the material). In the early 1980s, leg warmers moved beyond the dancing world and became a fad among teenage girls. Boys, primarily residing in Berkeley, later adopted this fashion trend as well. The popularity of leg warmers spread throughout the country due to the influence of popular dance movies such as Flashdance and Fame, as well as the aerobics craze of the 1980s. Proving that fashion trends come in waves, leg warmers have once again surged in popularity. These days, you will often see women wearing jeans or leggings with leg warmers slouched at the top of riding or combat boots.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You