Babysoft Checkers Baby Blanket
This Babysoft Checkers Baby Blanket features a classic basketweave pattern that is super popular among knitters. Knit in light green Babysoft yarn, this gender-neutral baby blanket measures 35 x 40 inches and makes a great homemade baby shower gift for an expectant friend or family member. Just four balls of Lion Brand's Babysoft yarn are used to work up this free knit baby blanket pattern, which is a medium sportweight yarn that's available in classic pastel colors and prints. This free knitting pattern is easy to follow, yet varied enough to keep you interested as you knit.
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge13.5 stitches, 18.4 rows, 4 inches.
- Babysoft Yarn: Pastel Green - 4 balls
- Lion Brand Size 11 [8 mm] 29-inch [75 cm] Circular Knitting Needles
- Lion Brand Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
- Blanket is worked with 2 strands of yarn held together throughout.
- Circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working on straight needles.
With 2 strands held tog, cast on 134 sts.
Rows 1-16: Knit.
Row 17: Knit 12, *purl 10, knit 10; repeat from * 4 more times, purl 10, knit 12.
Row 18: Knit 12, *knit 10, purl 10; repeat from * 4 more times, knit 22.
Rows 19-28: Repeat Rows 17-18.
Row 29: Knit 12, *knit 10, purl 10; repeat from * 4 more times, knit 22.
Row 30: Knit 12, *purl 10, knit 10; repeat from * 4 more times, purl 10, knit 12.
Rows 31-40: Repeat Rows 29 and 30.
Rows 41-148: Repeat Rows 17-40 four more times, then repeat Rows 17-28 once more.
Rows 149-164: Knit.
Bind off all sts.
Read NextHip to Be Square Baby Blanket