Lazy Wavy Baby Blanket
The Lazy Wavy Baby Blanket is the perfect gift for any little one in your life. The bright blue color is totally eye-catching and the subtle chevron design makes this baby blanket pattern truly stand out from the crowd. This easy baby blanket pattern is quick and easy, so you will have a beautiful finished product in no time. The bright blue color makes this pattern a perfect addition to a modern nursery. Any baby will love snuggling up with this super soft knit blanket, so don't be surprised if this pattern quickly becomes a favorite your tot reaches for again and again.
NotesBlanket measures 30 x 34in [76 cm x 86 cm]
GAUGE: 18 sts = 4” [10 cm]; 36 rows = 5” [10 cm] in Chevron Pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needle to obtain the gauge.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Soft Baby Steps®: 3 balls 9505 Aqua
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8] 29” long
- Yarn needle, stitch markers
1. Blanket is worked back and forth in rows on circular needles to accommodate the large number of sts, do not join.
2. Borders and main body of blanket are worked at same time in one piece.
TIPS & HINTS
Join a new ball of yarn when there are approximately 6” [15 cm] of yarn left from the old ball, also leaving a 6” [15 cm] tail of yarn with the joined yarn. Weave these ends in neatly on the wrong side of the fabric in a zig-zag pattern for a few inches, and then trim off excess.
Chevron Pattern (11 sts)
Row 1 (Wrong Side): Knit.
Rows 2-5: Knit.
Row 6: *K2tog, K2, (increase 1 in next st) twice, k3, ssk; repeat from * to end.
Row 7: Purl.
Rows 8-11: Repeat Rows 6 and 7.
Row 12: Knit.
Repeat Rows 1-12 for Chevron Pattern.
Cast on 160 sts.
Rows 1 (Wrong Side): K3, place marker, work Row 1 of Chevron Pattern to last 3 sts, place marker, k3.
Continue knitting first and last 3 sts on every row and working Chevron Pattern on center 154 sts until piece measures 30” [76 cm], ending with Row 5 of Chevron Pattern. Bind off all sts.
Weave in ends.
- Knit 2 sts together as one-decrease made
- Slip next 2 stitches, one at a time as if to knit, to right needle, insert point of left needle through front of sts, knit these sts together through back loop – decrease made
- Place marker
- [ ]
- Work directions in brackets the number of times specified
- Place marker
- Stitch (es)
- Repeat whatever follows the * as indicated
Read NextForever Baby Blanket