This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Crayon Box Sampler Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Experiment with stitches and color while creating this vibrant baby blanket! This blanket is knit in strips, making it a great portable project. The construction allows you to create a multicolor blanket while using just one color in each row for a bright and fun patchwork babyghan. Skills Used Basic knitting skills: cast on, knit, purl, slip stitch, bind off Knitting flat in rows Changing colors Seaming with mattress stitch (with photo tutorial linked in pattern) Skill Level Easy Finished Size Baby Blanket: 30.5” (77.5 cm) long x 29” (73.5 cm) wide after blocking. Materials Knit Picks Comfy Worsted yarn (75% Pima cotton, 25% acrylic, 1.75 oz/50 g, 109 yd/100 m) – 3 skeins in 5167 Marina (CA) and 2 skeins each in 8990 Crème Brulee (CB), 6315 Peapod (CC), 8126 Vinca (CD), and 3287 Zinnia (CE), or approximately 230 yd (210.5) in CA and 175 yd (160 m) each in CB, CC, CD, and CE in any medium weight yarn. US Size 6/4 mm straight knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge. Yarn needle. Gauge 17 sts x 24 rows in stockinette stitch = 4” (10 cm) before blocking. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. This pattern was originally published in the June, 2015 issue of I Like Knitting magazine."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextCabin Comforts Knit Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You