New Favorites from Lion Brand: 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Scarves, Afghans and More
Corner To Corner Herringbone Knit Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Whenever I make a blanket, I always look for a pattern or technique that spares me from calculating the number of stitches I need to cast on to get the right width. That’s why I prefer blankets that either start from the center like Granny Square patterns, or that are worked from corner to corner. I got the inspiration for this pattern when I started making a baby blanket for a friend. I really wanted to use the Herringbone stitch which is so elegant and unique, so I came up with this corner to corner version."
Notes- The blanket can be made as a square and as a rectangle (see notes in the pattern).
- I suggested using a bigger needle size than is suggested for DK yarn, in order to make the blanket fluffy and nice and to emphasize the “bones” in the pattern.
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Fringed Garter Stitch Scarf
- Encompass Cowl
- Gifts for Knitters: 15 Unique Ideas
- Watercolor Poncho
- Aurora Stitch
- Aurora Hat
- Simple Short-row Slippers
- 21 Free Knitted Christmas Tree Patterns
- Beaded Rounds Hat
- Christmas Lights Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You