This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"he Bradford Knit Tie Pattern has a subtle and elegant diamond pattern that adds a great texture for a sharp look. Perfect for any man or woman! It makes a wonderful handmade Father’s Day gift. The best thing about this knit tie pattern is it uses knit and purl stitches, so it’s great for the beginner! Why you should wear a knit tie. While knit ties are considered a less formal tie, that doesn’t mean you can’t wear often. Most of us don’t walk the red carpet, so it’s really perfect for an office setting, church services, weddings, or brunch. They can be dressed up with a suit, or casual with chinos and button down shirt, blazer optional. What’s the best part about knitting your own tie? It’s the options for customization. This tie can easily be made with stripes by changing colors every few rows. Or if you want to match an even, like a wedding, pop into your local yarn shop and find the perfect shade of yarn. And in my humble opinion, this would be amazing for all the groomsmen at a wedding. Imgine custom handmade ties to daper up the party."
Knitting Needle Size3 or 3.25 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Removable stitch markers if needed
Yarn needle to weave in ends
Read Next39 Knitted Flowers Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Laverna Shawlette
- Knit a Sweater Cardigan Style: 11 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 15 Baby Afghan Knitting Patterns
- Knitting Stitch #7
- Knit Aran Baby Romper
- Adalicaia Bonnet
- Beach Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You