This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Knitted Dishcloth Pattern: Easy Peasy Garter Stitch
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"Knitted Dishcloth Patterns are the perfect first project to complete as a beginner knitter. They are quick and simple and useful. I mean who needs 100’s of scarves? Today I share with you the very basic easy peasy garter stitch knitted dishcloth pattern that will shock and amaze you just how easy it really is. Once you’ve learned how to cast on, knit and cast off you can do this dishcloth pattern! It’s beyond easy to use a garter stitch to complete your first dishcloth. A garter stitch is simply a repeated knit stitch flat lay piece of knitted fabric. What do you think of the dishcloth/washcloth pattern? The gauge of the pattern really doesn’t matter as the final size will be dependant on how many rows you choose to do."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- Cotton Dishcloth Yarn
- Size 9 US Circular Needles
Read NextFree Hearted Washcloth
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Easy No Sew Sweater
If you hate free knitting patterns for sweaters that feature tons of seaming and sewing, this is a great pattern to add to your… Continue reading: "Easy No Sew Sweater"
- Free Hearted Washcloth
- How to Knit a Dishcloth Pattern: 14 Patterns for Beginners
- Nana's Favorite Dishcloth Pattern
- Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth
- Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Diagonal Knit Dishcloth Pattern
- Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Crazy Eights Circular Dishcloth
- Classic Chevron Knit Dishcloth
- Slip Stitch Dishtowels
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You