Ribbon Stitch Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Slip stitches make colorwork easy on this simple, unisex cowl project. Use contrasting colors, or a solid with a matching variegated yarn for different results. Pattern includes optional instructions for making a scarf instead of a cowl."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge18 stitches, 0 rows, 4 inches. 18 sts = 4 (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Bartlettyarns 2 Ply (100% wool, 4 oz/113 g, 210 yd/192 m) 1 skein in Black (CA), or approximately 120 yd (110 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Full Moon Farm Fabulous Yarn (100% wool, 4 oz/113 g, 175 yd/160 m) 1 skein (CB), or approximately 70 yd (64 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size 8/5 mm knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Finished Size Cowl: 24 (61 cm) circumference x 8.25 (21 cm) width (before felting)/21 (53 cm) circumference x 8 (20 cm) width (after felting).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Brown Sheep Lanaloft Yarn
- Extended Triangle Wrap
- Sophia's Knit Blanket
- Easy Knit Scarf
- Gentle Swells
- Easy To Knit Slippers
- What Can I Knit With 500 Yards of Yarn?
- Cable Knit Slippers For Childen And Adults
- Cool Stripes Hat
- A Message from The Editors of AllFreeKnitting
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You