This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Hiking Reindeer Cowl
"This stunning is cowl is created using stranded knitting, worked in the round. As you knit, an intricate picture emerges of trees and a reindeer, set against the background of a blazing sunset. Guaranteed to keep you cosy in the winter months! The design was inspired by the view I sometimes see when I'm driving home from work. Obviously I can't take photos from the wheel of a moving car, so I had to remember the view and reproduce it in yarn, instead! Enjoy."
Knitting Needle Size3 or 3.25 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- 1 ball of Stylecraft 'Head Over Heels' yarn in colourway, 'Etna'
- 1 ball of black sock yarn with equivalent gauge - or 1 ball of Stylecraft 'Life' 4-ply in black
- 1 pair of 3mm circular needles, length 60cm/24"
- Stitch marker to indicate start of round
- Darning needle for weaving in ends
Read NextChristmas in the Country Cowl