Fill your free Christmas stocking pattern with holiday cheer! This Stuffed Stocking can fit all of the gifts you want to give your friends and loved ones. This large stocking pattern can store more than your average stocking-stuffers. Fill these Christmas socks with precious holiday memories and long-awaited gifts. Add an extra special wintry touch with a miniature knitted mitten. Fit a candy cane inside to leave for St. Nick! Make sure you have stockings for Santa to admire when he comes down the chimney.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 319 Cherry Red A
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 316 Soft White B
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 368 Paddy Green C
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 321 Gold D
- Double Point Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8] – set of 4.
- Stitch holder
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 17 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in St st.
Measurements: 11½” long
- Wrap = slip next st purlwise to right needle, bring yarn between the needles, slip st back to left needle unworked
- M1 (make one stitch) = Lift running thread before next stitch onto left needle and knit into the back loop
- A, B, C, D = color A, B, C, D
- K = knit
- mm = millimeters
- P = purl
- St st = Stockinette stitch (Knit on right side rows; Purl on wrong side rows AND Knit every round.)
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- tog = together
- * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
With A, cast on 56 sts. Join in the round being careful the cast on is not twisted.
Rounds 1-5: * K2, P2; repeat from * around. Cut A. With B, knit 4 rounds. With C, knit 4 rounds. With B, knit 20 rounds. With C, knit 4 rounds. With B, knit 2 rounds.
** Row 1: With A, K28 sts; TURN. Leave remaining 28 sts on a holder.
Row 2: P27, wrap, turn.
Row 3: K26, wrap, turn.
Row 4: P25, wrap, turn.
Row 5: K24, wrap, turn. Continue to work each row 1 st shorter until 10 sts remain.
Next Row: K11, knitting wrap with last st, turn.
Next Row: P12, purling wrap with last st, turn.
Next Row: K13, knitting wrap with last st, turn. Continue to work each row 1 st longer until all 28 sts have been worked. Cut A. **
Resume working in the round: With B, knit 2 rounds. With C, knit 4 rounds. With B, knit 12 rounds. With C, knit 4 rounds. With B, knit 4 rounds.
With A work same as heel from ** to ** on first 28 sts. Cut yarn. Graft or sew last row of toe to last round of B worked on foot.
With D, cast on 16 sts. Join in the round being careful the cast on is not twisted.
Rounds 1 and 2: * K1, P1; repeat from * around. Knit 2 rounds.
Round 1: K7, M1, K2, M1, K7 – 18 sts.
Round 2: Knit.
Round 3: K7, M1, K4, M1, K7 – 20 sts.
Round 4: Knit.
Round 5: K7, M1, K6, M1, K7 – 22 sts.
Round 6: Knit.
Divide for Hand
K7, slip next 8 sts onto holder for thumb, K7. Knit 6 rounds even on these 14 sts.
Next Round: [K2tog] 7 times. Cut yarn. Thread through all sts and fasten off.
Place 6 sts back on needles. Knit 4 rounds.
Next Round: [K2tog] 3 times. Cut yarn. Thread through all sts and fasten off.
Sew mitten to front of stocking.
Read NextChristmas Glitz Baby Hat