This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
Seeded Rib Square
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This stitch combines the seed stitch with ribbing for a great texture. This square is part of the Anthology Blanket knit-a-long, including 30 free knitting patterns for 6" (15 cm) squares)."
NotesEDITOR'S NOTE: Seed stitch is one of the most classic, basic knitting stitch patterns perfect for beginner knitting patterns. Since it's so well-known, you may come across patterns that just say to work in Seed Stitch but don't actually explain what that means. In other words, in the world of knitting, Seed Stitch is considered common knowledge for most. Seed Stitch, often referred to as British or Irish Moss Stitch, features a bumpy texture and can be worked on any number of stitches. Most commonly, it is worked on even numbers of stitches. Keep in mind when working Seed Stitch, the knits and purls never stack on themselves. If you love the idea of nothing but knits and purls, Seed Stitch is the perfect solution. This stitch pattern is made by working one knit stitch and one purl stitch across a row, and then alternating every other row by knitting the purl stitches and purling the knit stitches. And there you have it - the perfect stitch for beginner knitting patterns.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Cascade 220 Superwash (100% superwash wool), or approximately 41 yds (37.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size 7/4.5 mm knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Read NextRibbed 3×2 Stitch
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You