Pi Day Knit Hat Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
People who love math will adore this! This Pi Day Knit Hat Pattern is designed to keep your head warm and add a bit of geek fun in the process. The stripes are worked in rows that correspond to the digits in Pi, the formula for calculating the diameter or circumference of a circle. Free knitted hat patterns like this just don't seem to exist for all the number nerds out there. See if you can figure out what stripes represent what before you learn how to knit a hat for Pi day.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
- Washable worsted weight, two colors, approx 110 yards of each plus a 7 ft piece in contrasting color
- Needle with large eye for weaving in end
- Medium sized pom pom maker
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You