Fox Hat Knitting Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"My fox hat was one the first knitting patterns I ever designed. It's an adult size knitted in super chunky yarn, and quick to knit. This is easy to intermediate level. You can use any super chunky yarn achieving the tension of 8 stitches x 11 rows = 4in x 4in (10cm x 10cm) using US 13 (9mm) needles. Please make a tension square in the contrast colour before first, as knitting in the incorrect tension will change the size. My friend once made this hat without swatching and it was so big she used it as a basket! "
NotesFor this had I've listed colours to make an orange fox hat, but you can use any colour combinations you want. Maybe a black and white cat or a grey and white wolf, or anything you like really.
Knitting Needle Size13 or 9 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- Main Colour - Burnt Orange - 2x 100g balls
- Contrast Colour - Cream - 1x 100g ball
- 9mm (US 13) knitting needles. I've always worked this hat straight and seamed it however it can also be worked in the round on DPNs or circular needles by changing the P rows to even rounds. The magic loop method would be needed when decreasing the crown.
- Darning needle for sewing
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This wardrobe staple is just the pinnacle of beauty. The Waterfall Cardigan Knitting Pattern is knit on straight needles with a pale… Continue reading: "Waterfall Cardigan Knitting Pattern"
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You