- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Bottle of Bubbly Striped Cozy
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Everyone loves a holiday toast, and now you can store the bubbly in this festive knit wine bottle sleeve. The Bottle of Bubbly Striped Cozy is a great way to jazz up your drink of choice while keeping it nice and cool. It's a fun project to add to the list of ever popular wine bottle crafts, and it makes a great hostess gift for parties and family gatherings. The yarn can easily be swapped out for a less festive color scheme, making the Bottle of Bubbly Striped Cozy a can't-beat knitting project.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 1 skein each 368 Paddy Green A, 316 Soft White B, 320 Cornmeal C, 376 Burgundy D and 624 Tea Leaf E.
- Susan Bates® Double-Pointed needles: 5mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
GAUGE: 17 sts = 4” [10 cm]; 25 rows = 4” [10 cm] in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
A = Color A
B = Color B
C = Color C
D = Color D
E = Color E
K = knit
K2tog = Knit two stitches together
mm = millimeters
P = Purl
st(s) = stitch(es)
St st = Stockinette stitch
[ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
* or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
Fits standard 750ml wine bottle
Finished circumference: 10” [25 cm]
Height: 12” [30 cm]
Bottle Cozy is worked in the round from the bottom up.
With A, cast on 42 sts. Arrange stitches evenly around three double-pointed needles. Join, taking care not to twist sts. Place marker for beginning of round.
Rounds 1-2: Knit.
Rounds 3-5: Change to B. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 6-8: Change to C. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 9-13: Change to D. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 14-15: Change to A. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 16-20: Change to D. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 21-23: Change to B. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 24-28: Change to E. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 29-31: Change to C. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 32-36: Change to A. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 37-38: Change to D. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 39-43: Change to A. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 44-45: Change to B. Knit to end of round.
Rounds 46-47: Change to E. Knit to end of round.
Round 48: Change to D. Knit to end of round.
Begin decrease rounds as follows:
Round 1: *K5, k2tog; repeat from * to end of Round - 36 sts.
Round 2: Knit.
Round 3: *K4, k2tog; repeat from * to end of round - 30 sts.
Round 4: Knit.
Round 5: *K3, k2tog; repeat from * to end of round - 24 sts.
Round 6: Knit.
Round 7: *K2, k2tog; repeat from * to end of round - 18 sts.
NECK OF BOTTLE
Change to A.
Round 1: Knit.
Rounds 2-13: *K2, P1; repeat from * to end of round.
Round 14: Bind off sts tightly.
With A cut an 18” [46 cm] piece of yarn and thread through yarn needle. With needle, weave in and out around neck of bottle, tie in a bow to secure. See photograph for placement. With D, make 2 pom-poms
measuring approximately 2½” [6 cm] in diameter. Sew to ends of ties. Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Bright and Breezy Kimono
Take your lounging look to the next level with the Bright and Breezy Kimono. Youll look like a graceful star with this light sweater… Continue reading: "Bright and Breezy Kimono"
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- The Blossom Headband
- XL Project Bag
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Ultra Knit Hat and Cowl
- 39 Knitted Flowers Patterns
- The Folgate Headband
- Easy To Knit Slipper Pattern Knit Flat With Bulky Yarn On Straight Needles
- Crazy Cute Frog Coin Purse
- Super Simple Knit Slippers
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You