- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
The Froggy Scrubby is the ideal knit dishcloth pattern. This knit washcloth is perfect for kids' bath time or you can keep it at the kitchen sink to make dish washing easier and more fun. Simply throw this knitting pattern in the washing machine to keep it fresh. The silly expression of the frog will put a smile on your face every time you look at this easy knit dishcloth. Plus, the vibrant green color of the Red Heart Scrubby yarn is bold and beautiful. Any hostess will happily accept this dishcloth as a gift. After all, you can never have too many dishcloths. It's time to make the dull task of washing dishes more fun and this adorable frog certainly does the trick!
Knitting Needle Size5 or 3.75 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
GaugeGauge is not critical for this project.
Finished SizeScrubby measures 6½” [16.5 cm] x 6½” [16.5 cm]
- RED HEART® Scrubby™: 1 ball of 620 Lime A, 709 Bubblegum B, and 10 Coconut C
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 3.75mm [US 5]
- Small amount of black yarn, yarn needle
With A, cast on 35 sts.
Row 1: [K2, p2] to last 3 sts, k2, p1.
Repeat Row 1 until piece measures 6½” [16.5 cm] from beginning.
Bind off in pattern.
EYE (make 2)
With C, cast on 6 sts.
Row 1: Kfb in each st across – 12 sts.
Row 2: Knit.
Row 3: [K1, kfb] across – 18 sts.
Row 4: Change to A, knit.
Row 5: [K2, kfb] across – 24 sts.
Sew side edges closed to make a circle.
With A, cast on 16 sts.
Fold in half, lining up ends. Sew ends in center of top of Face.
With B, cast on 3 sts.
Rows 1-3: Knit.
Row 4: K3tog.
Fasten off, leaving long end.
With Black, embroider pupil in each Eye in satin stitch.
Sew Eye on either side of Face.
Using Black, embroider mouth in straight stitch. Sew Tongue in corner of mouth.
Weave in ends.
- A, B, C
- Color A, B, C
- knit 3 sts together
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
- knit 1 front and back (increase) Knit next st, then knit it through back loop
Read NextNana's Favorite Dishcloth Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 04, 2018
This is just too cute. I collect frogs and have some in almost every room of the house. This will look great in my kitchen. Im not sure why it is shown pictured with a ducky like you would use in the bath because this would be much too harsh for a bath cloth in my opinion. Cant wait to make a couple of these.
Jul 12, 2018
What a silly frog! The kids will love this one.
Aug 26, 2017
This is an adorable pattern. My sister loves frogs and even though she is a "grownup" she would love this for use in her kitchen. It would also be good for a child. I find making scrubbies so easy and great to use. I always like to be knitting and this work up quickly. Thank you.
achumley0003 31706 34
Aug 20, 2017
Every yarn company seems to gave a scrubby yarn now, but i haven't tried any if it yet since it seems sort of limited in its uses. But, this is really cute. I don't know that I would use it on my child, except for the bottom of their feet maybe, because I believe it would be to abrasive for their sensitive skin. But, it is cute enough to be left hanging in the bathroom or kitchen and would probably work well for scrubbing dishes or counter tops.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Magentalicious Cowl is a beautiful deep color that will catch anyone's eye. The simple design is perfect for chilly autumn days… Continue reading: "Magentalicious Cowl"
- Nana's Favorite Dishcloth Pattern
- Free Hearted Washcloth
- Roman Stripe Knitted Facecloth
- The Most Patriotic Dishcloth
- Striping Sparkle Scrubby
- How to Knit a Dishcloth Pattern: 14 Patterns for Beginners
- Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth
- Crazy Eights Circular Dishcloth
- Sunshine Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- Diagonal Knit Dishcloth Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- Simple Garter Stitch Dishcloth
- Double Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You