Color Me Mod Dishcloth
An easy brick stitch pops in bright coordinating shades with the Color Me Mod Dishcloth. Washing dishes doesn't have to be such a chore if you take advantage of this fabulous free knitting pattern. This knit dishcloth is truly ahead of the class. Before you know it, you will have a cheerful addition to your kitchen. Plus, this easy pattern features an array of bright colors sure to put a smile on your face. If you're planning on going to a housewarming party, or any party for that matter, these knitted dishcloths make the perfect hostess gift. This practical yet pretty pattern is sure to please anyone and everyone you know.
A little confused on how to complete the brick stitch? Learn how to knit the brick stitch into a fun dish cloth with the help of this video tutorial below!
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st
Finished SizeApprox 10 ins [25.5 cm] square
- Lily® Sugar‘n Cream (70.9 g/2.5 oz; 109 m/120 yds)
- Lily® Sugar‘n Cream Twists/ Ombres (56.7 g/2 oz; 86 m/ 95 yds)
- Version 1: Main Color (MC): 20446 (Lava Lamp Twists) 1 ball, Contrast A: 00001 (White) 1 ball
- Version 2: Main Color (MC): 01712 (Dream Twists) 1 ball, Contrast A: 00010 (Yellow) 1 ball
- Version 3: Main Color (MC): 01111 (Mod Blue ) 1 ball, Contrast A: 20223 (Mod Twists) 1 ball
- Version 4: Main Color (MC): 01444 (Mod Pink ) 1 ball, Contrast A: 02445 (Lava Lamp) 1 ball
Note: On 2nd and 4th rows, when slipping yarn purlwise, keep yarn at back of work.
With MC, cast on 45 sts.
1st row: (WS). With MC, knit.
2nd row: With A, K4. *Sl1P. K5. Rep from * to last 5 sts. Sl1P. K4.
3rd row: With A, K4. *yf. Sl1P. yb. K5. Rep from * to last 5 sts. yf. Sl1P. yb. K4.
4th and 5th rows: As 2nd and 3rd rows once more.
6th and 7th rows: With MC, knit.
8th row: With A, K1. *Sl1P. K5. Rep from * to last 2 sts. Sl1P. K1.
9th row: With A, K1. *yf. Sl1P. yb. K5. Rep from * to last 2 sts. yf. Sl1P. yb. K1.
10th and 11th rows: As 8th and 9th rows once more.
12th row: With MC, knit.
Rep 1st to 12th rows 5 times more. Cast off (RS).
Read NextKnit and Purl Dishcloths