We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This cowl is a piece of cake, knit flat and joined in the round at the end with either a sewn seam OR a 3-needle bind off, your choice. Stitches consist of knits, k2tog, yarn overs, and very few purls. You repeat the same rows over and over. The Stringy fringe is made simply at the end with dropped stitches - no need to cut fringe and tie on."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge20 stitches, 22 rows, 4 inches. Stockinette
- Size 8 (5mm) needles
- 230-255 yds of Sport weight (5ply) yarn
- 2 stitch markers (optional)
- 1 extra knitting needle any size between 6-8 will do. (this is optional for those using the 3-needle bind off).
I prefer to use a cotton blend for the yarn as it provides a nice drape and snuggly feel against my neck. A good one that I have found is Premier Yarns Cotton Fair Solids.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You